Cynthia A. Duncan
Cynthia Duncan is a shareholder in The Bowden Spratt Law Firm, P.C. She has over fourteen years of experience in the field of trusts and estates matters. Her practice focuses on wealth transfer, business succession, and family governance.
Cynthia is a member of the Atlanta Bar Association, the State Bar of Georgia, and the American Bar Association. Cynthia is also a member of the Business Planning Group of the ABA. Cynthia is the co-author of several articles for professional journals and frequently speaks at continuing legal education programs. Her most recent article "McCord to Holman - Five Years of Value Judgments" appeared in the Spring 2009 ACTEC Journal. Cynthia spoke at the 2009 ABA Spring Symposium on the Anatomy of a Limited Liability Company Operating Agreement. In 2011, she spoke at the 56th Annual Estate Planning Institute on the Anatomy of a Grantor Trust and, most recently, at the 62nd Annual Estate Planning Institute on the nontax issues associated with family recreational properties.
Cynthia received her B.A., cum laude, in English from Wake Forest University in 1996 and received her J.D. from the University of Florida in 2002, where she graduated with high honors. Cynthia and her husband, Derek, have two young children, Lucy and Sam.
Areas of Practice
- Trusts and Estate Matters
- Wealth Transfer
- Business Succession
- Family Governance
- Estate Administration
- Georgia, 2003
- University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida
- J.D. - 2002
- Honors: High Honors
- Wake Forest University
- B.A. cum laude - 1996
- "McCord to Homan - Five Years of Value Judgments", ACTEC, Spring, 2009
- From Highlands to Hyannis Port: Does Forever Mean Forever and Who Controls in the Interim?, 62nd Annual Estate Planning Institute, 2017
- Anatomy of a Grantor trust, 56th Annual Estate Planning Institute, 2011 - Present
- Anatomy of a Limited Liability Co. Operating Agmt., ABA Spring Symposium, 2009 - Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Atlanta Estate Planning Council, Member, 2010 - Present
- American Bar Association, Member, Business Planning Group, 2003 - Present
- State Bar of Georgia, 2002 - Present