Patricia M. Thompson
Trish Thompson is a senior attorney at BSLF. Trish has more than 25 years experience in the field of trusts and estates and has practiced in Massachusetts, California and Georgia. At BSLF, Trish handles complex estate and tax planning matters, including business succession planning, estate administration, special needs planning and gift and estate tax audits.
Trish attended Brown University and received a B.A. from Williams College in 1983. She received her J.D. from Vanderbilt Law School in 1987.
Trish is a member of the Georgia, California, and Massachusetts bars, the Atlanta Estate Planning Council and the Atlanta Bar Association. She is on the Planned Giving Advisory Board for the Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta, Inc. She is also Immediate Past Chair of the Fiduciary Law Section of the State Bar of Georgia (Chair 2012). Trish is a former member of the Board of Trustees of the Georgia Planned Giving Council. She is a frequent speaker on estate planning to both laymen's and professional groups, including the Georgia Federal Tax Conference, Fiduciary Law Institute, Georgia Society of CPAs and AIMR.
Trish and her husband, Scott, live in Atlanta, and have three children.
Areas of Practice
- Trust and Estate Planning
- Personal Taxation
- Business Succession Planning
- Estate Administration
- Special Needs Planning
- Gifts and Estate Tax Audits
- Georgia, 1991
- California, 1989
- Massachusetts, 1987
- Vanderbilt University School of Law, Nashville, Tennessee
- J.D. - 1987
- Williams College
- B.A., - 1983
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Atlanta Bar Association, Member, 2000 - Present
- Atlanta Estate Planning Council, Member, 2002 - Present
- State Bar of Georgia, Member, 1992 - Present
- Fiduciary Law Section, State Bar Member, 1992 – Present, (Chair, 2012)